It’s all about Utes and SUVs which is nothing new for NZ. The popularity of Ford’s Ranger and its pending new 2022 models will need Toyota to do something big if it wants its Ute crown back:
- Ford Ranger (12,580) and Toyota Hilux (8,431) make up the top two selling vehicles of 2021.
- The SUV’s have maintained dominance with Outlander (6,507)), Rav4 (6,211), ASX (5,040) and the CX-5 (3,131) in the Top 10.
- Mitsubishi Triton (4,962) at number six and Nissan Navara (3,576) at number 8 keeps utes as the biggest selling model type in the top 10.
- Corolla’s rental registrations making up 25% of their sales moves the Toyota passenger flagship to 7th with 4,765 units.
- Tesla has really arrived in the top 10 and we expect them to continue to be a strong player in 2022 despite recall issues. The Tesla Model 3, with orders arriving in bulk in the back half of 2021, takes the number 9 spot with 3,272 units registered in 2021.
- Used imports have come in at 126,000 units vs 122,000 in 2020.
RedBook New Zealand Market Update, Q1 2022 13th April 2022
RedBook Wins IBANZ Insurance Supplier of the Year 202221st February 2022
Market Update Q4.24th January 2022
- View All
- 2022 - April (1)
- 2022 - February (1)
- 2022 - January (1)
- 2021 - November (1)
- 2021 - October (1)